Washington, agencies. Corona virus continues to wreak havoc worldwide. Currently, the number of corona virus infections in the world has reached 6 million. According to the latest data from Johns Hapkins University, so far, 59,11,320 cases of corona virus have been reported worldwide. The death toll from Corona has also increased to 3,64,369 worldwide. However, 23,97,666 patients have recovered and discharged from the corona virus so far.
LIVE Coronavirus World News Update:
- New York City, the epicenter of the COVID-19 pandemic in the US, will begin reopening on June 8 in a phased manner. New York City Governor Andrew Cuomo said it would bring about 4,000,000 employees back to work. So far, more than 199,038 corona virus cases have been reported, while around 20 thousand people have died so far.
- 39 new cases of corona virus have been reported in South Korea. According to data from South Korea’s Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 11,441 cases have been reported in the country so far, while 269 people have died.
- International flight services in Pakistan have been resumed. According to a notification issued by the Civil Aviation Authority of Pakistan (CAA), the government has resumed its international flights after relaxing some restrictions imposed to prevent the spread of coronaviruses.
- Corona virus havoc in Brazil is increasing rapidly. A total of 4,65,166 cases have been reported in Brazil so far. So far, 27,878 people have died of corona. At the same time, 1,77,604 patients have been cured.
- There have been record cases of corona virus in South Africa in one day. South Africa’s Health Minister Jhaville Makhaike said that there were 1837 new cases of corona virus in the country. In all, 29,240 cases have been reported here. During this period, after the death of 34 more people, the figure has reached 611 here.
- 34 people have died due to corona virus in Egypt. This is the highest number of deaths here in a day. The death toll from corona in Egypt has increased to 879. The Xinhua agency said a record 1,289 new cases have also been reported in the North African country. Due to which the total figure has reached 22,082 here.
- News agency AFP quoted Johns Hopkins University tally as saying that in the past 24 hours in the US, there have been a record 1225 deaths due to the corona virus. The total death toll from the corona here has risen to 1,02,798. At the same time, a total of 17,45,636 cases have been reported here.